Aims & Objectives of APCNA
Association of Pakistani-Descent Cardiologists of North America is a non-profit, professional, educational organization incorporated in the United States of America and has no political affiliations.
- To foster scientific development and education in fields related to the circulatory system to improve the quality of medicine and delivery of better health care without regard to race, color, creed, gender, or age.
- To assist physicians, nurses, and technologists in orientation, adjustment, initiation, and completion of their training in fields related to the circulatory system.
- To institute ways and means to cooperate with similar organizations in North America, Pakistan, and other world forums.
- To encourage medical education and delivery of better health care in fields related to the circulatory system in Pakistan, specifically by arranging donations of medical literature and medical supplies and arranging lecture tours, medical conferences, and seminars in Pakistan.
- To participate in medical relief and other charitable activities in Pakistan and North America.
- To inform and educate decision-makers and opinion-forming leaders in problems confronted by the medical community in general and Pakistani-American cardiologists in particular.
- To establish a forum for exchanging ideas between cardiologists of different backgrounds and fields of expertise in cardiovascular disease.
- To encourage clinical and basic science research in cardiovascular diseases in the United States and Pakistan.
- To actively participate and support efforts of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and other organizations (e.g., ASE, ASNC, etc.) in matters dealing with governmental institutions concerning regulations that affect physicians.
- To organize an Annual association meeting on the Sunday night of the Annual Scientific Session of the ACC.
- To arrange an annual CME conference in Pakistan at the different medical schools by rotation.
- To promote joint academic programs with established cardiac societies in Pakistan.
- To arrange Mentorship programs for physicians, medical students, and technologists in Pakistan interested in cardiovascular diseases.
- To organize a visiting faculty program based on the needs of the medical institutions in Pakistan.
- To facilitate a regular exchange of information between the medical journals in Pakistan and members interested in publishing their scientific work.
APCNA’s work highlights from 2004-2014
APCNA Pacemaker Project
APCNA started the Pacemaker project in 2005 and first Pacemaker Bank was established in 2007 From the Archives: 2017 The First Pacemaker Bank in Pakistan:Pacemakers as Peacemakers:A Project of APCNA, Rotary Club of Pakistan and Heartbeat International. Background:The health care for impoverished people in Pakistan is very limited as the simple and basic health care needs are scarcely met in …….
APCNA is a non-profit, professional, educational organization incorporated in the United States.
To foster scientific development and education in fields related to the circulatory system for the purpose of improving the quality of medicine and delivery of better health care, without regard to race, color, creed, gender or age.